15
As soon as I heard the ‘Time For Deliverance’ single I knew this album was going to be great. What a cool band. If you’re not familiar with Do Me Bad Things, you really should try to get to know them. This is unashamedly good time rock music, with a really eclectic mix of sounds and styles. There are, stupidly, 9 of them, and most sing at some point, so the vocal styles are really varied before you even get to the music. But that’s a crazy melting pot too: mixing disco, rock and soul in this way is genius, and the songs are all so brilliantly written. Nostalgically 70s and yet really 2005, this always makes me smile. ‘Time For Deliverance’ and the magnificent ‘Off The Hook’ (sexy soul and 70s rock in one truly superb 5 minutes) are my favourites, but in truth this is a whole album of gold.
I missed the first 10 minutes of their set at Leeds due to horrible congestion getting into the arena. Bloody annoying, cause the remaining 20 minutes were awesome.
I missed the first 10 minutes of their set at Leeds due to horrible congestion getting into the arena. Bloody annoying, cause the remaining 20 minutes were awesome.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home